As I type, I'm listening to Kurt yelling at the twins who are spitting their dinner out and throwing their sippy cups on the floor. It's pretty much fitting for the day I have had and the mood I am in.
Work has been absolutely nuts. We have been swamped with a baby contest and I seriously have come close to insanity. I do love my job, though, and it's fun, so that makes it all worth it. I'm not gonna lie, though, I'll be thrilled when it's over!
I came home last night after a crazy day and was able to sit for a brief second before I had to run again. Story of my life these days. As I was ready to walk out the door, I hollered at Drennen to come say bye. When he walked into the living room, I literally choked. He had decided that he no longer liked his bangs and had taken care of the issue with his new school scissors! Folks, I'm seriously surprised he wasn't bleeding, that's how short it was. The first and only thing I could think of was my sisters wedding is in THREE Days and he is IN it! Of course, I freaked. I mean you would have to if you had seen it. I was just so upset. I screamed and yelled and ran out the door, late to my plans, leaving Drennen crying in the living room.
I finally got ahold of my sister who laughed hysterically about it. I'm not so sure she will be as cool when she sees his bald head come Friday. I guess we will find out. The rest of my night went great. Well, as great as it could with me being so upset. After I had calmed down, I dialed home. Drennen was still very upset and I apologized for freaking out on him. He was upset because he didn't realize he was gonna end up with a shaved head. Bald is not his favorite. But I realized that being bald was punishment enough, especially when school starts in just a few short weeks.
So....here I am 24 hours later, and it seems like the house hold is still in chaos. I have come to realize it just goes with the territory. But as I check in on each of my three precious children each night after all is quiet and I'm the only one still awake, I know that there is truly no greater reward than the joy that each of them brings. Life is too short to sweat the bad hair days. Lord knows I have had many of them myself.
Heck, I'm having one today!
good post Whit!
ReplyDelete