Sunday, August 1, 2010

I shouldn't say that.

Happy Sunday all! It's been a few days since I have had a free second! It truly was one of the busiest weeks we have had. Work was nutty, trying to get all the kid contest pictures posted and done. The contest left me with tons of custom work, which I look forward to starting this week.

Friday I took the day off and headed to Kansas City to help decorate for my sisters wedding. She's not quite the planner that I am and tends to freak out a bit more. I am kind of an OCD when it comes to that stuff, and I actually enjoy it. She doesn't. I thought everything went about as smooth as it could go, though. The rehearsal went great, and I felt very confident in my song after I was able to practice with the piano man there. (I sang at the wedding, for those of you who don't know.)

The wedding was great. Dakota sobbed the entire thing, as well as my father. Ashley teared up a couple times. The sermon was amazing. It was very personal to them and I thought it was great. My favorite part of all of it was when the preacher spoke about our wedding rings. He said that when you get into a fight and you say hurtful words, you should look down and touch your wedding ring and remind yourself of how you felt the day you put them on. You should tell yourself that you married the most amazing person in the world and that maybe you shouldn't say that. Well, that one cut me like a knife! If I had been sitting by Kurt, I would have grabbed his hand and begged for forgiveness right there in the middle of that church.

As you have read from my posts, the last 6 weeks of our lives have been a little rough. We are raising twin 1 year olds, a 7 year old son who feels like testing the waters, a bipolar wife who is dealing with medical induced menopause, and a husband.

What I have forgotten is that he isn't just any husband. He is the man who has taken on the task of all the above on his own. He works long hours every night, and comes straight home to take babies to daycare. He gets a few hours of sleep during the day, when he isn't entertaining Drennen or running errands for me, and then he is up at 4 to pick up those same two babies. As soon as I walk in the door, he is hit with my attitude and the mood swings that I couldn't take out on our customers. He deals with my anger, my rage, my neglect, and my very hurtful words. And he does this day in and day out. Sure he has some hurtful words himself, and sure that makes me even more upset. But I have forgotten to look at my ring. I have forgotten to touch it and remember the day that I put it on.

It was one of the greatest days of my life. I knew that day that I married someone very special. I knew that I married someone who would stick by me through thick and thin. I knew that I married a man with the patience of Job. And most of all, I knew that I had married a man who knew all of my flaws and married me anyway.

When we got home late last night, I reached out my arms to hug him and I apologized like I had never done so before. I told him I would truly do my best to touch my ring when I am angry and remind myself that I shouldn't say that. There isn't a person in the world who would put up with all that he has and still stick around. That's why I know that God himself put us together.

And what God puts together, may no man seperate.....Including me.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post! We all need to remember this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whitney, I love reading your posts, especially because I see so much of the craziness of my own life in what you write! Thanks for being so honest, and thanks for this--I needed it.

    ReplyDelete