Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Interruption or Intervention

Ok, so I have started a bible study on Jonah! Remember him? The one that God gave specific instructions to and he ran away from him? Yeah! Who hasn't done that?

Well each day we have a devotional that we get to do and last night was my Day 2. I'm not gonna lie, I was struggling to get into this. I don't know why since I am a total Jonah and constantly ignore God!!! One of the main goals of week one is to look at "Life's Interruptions" as God's "Divine Interventions".

For example: TWINS! LIFE INTERRUPTION! But when I change my thinking, I realize that GOD himself blessed me with those two little girls. And from the moment that they came into this world, they have truly been a DIVINE INTERVENTION. They have taught me patience(not always), they have taught me humbleness, and most of all it took them coming into this world for me to put my complete faith in the father. Because God and God alone was the only one who saved me during that pregnancy.

Now, as I read my little devotion last night, it asked what my current 'Nineveh' situation is. What has God thrown at me recently that I view as an interruption, but really is there to teach me and help me grow? I'm not gonna lie....I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING! AAAHHH! I kind of grew frustrated at this. Because the book says to be excited and waiting in anticipation of your next interruption. And I kind of am! As I closed my bible and said my prayers, I took a phone call from a friend.

I explained my struggle and as the words "I can't think of an interruption" came out of my mouth, I quickly realized that this friend was EXACTLY that! They came back into my life recently with a giant BANG, and my whole life has been turned upside down ever since! Well, you know me. I quickly blurted out "YOU ARE MY INTERRUPTION!" , to which my friend took offense. I retracted saying that nothing in this life happens without reason and that God is gonna use them to show me a DIVINE Intervention. How cool is that? How cool for them that God hand selected them to change my life.

By simply changing one word my life has a whole new outlook. I am scared at what he is going to show me, but I know that he has a plan for me that is greater than any fear or concern I could muster up.

But not only am I waiting in anticipation for God to throw something at me, I am also praying about another thing. I could very well be my friend. I could be some one's Divine Intervention. What if someone is out there just waiting for God to use me to speak to them? That's kind of a big deal. It makes me feel so special and yet I shouldn't be so surprised. God loves me that much. He doesn't NEED me for ANYTHING, and yet he chooses to use me anyway. That's big stuff.

So, how has life interrupted you lately? And if you change the word... how has life Intervened lately?

1 comment:

  1. Whitney, I am proud to know you! and proud of you for sharing your thoughts with so many. It may be that you blog for yourself, but what you have to say can be of help to so many others. I am impressed with your honesty and am looking forward to each post! Thanks!! Judy

    ReplyDelete