Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Relief.

The fair is OVER! I made it...Barely! This was the hardest year for me. I didn't think I was gonna make it through. I got sick, I passed out, I hit a man. It was a lot of drama. But it's over.

I told my mom, I am not sure I have ever worked a fair without a manic high. I now know that I'm not totally capable of handling the 19 hour work days without it! I made my goal on money and so that's always satisfying. At least all that hard work was worth it.

I wasn't able to take my antipsychotic pills during the fair because they are intended to shut my brain down and let me sleep, and since I couldn't sleep during the fair, I couldn't take my pills. I started them again last night and so today I'm doing the whole groggy thing, but I know that will fade in a few days. I am working my way up to a full dose of mood stabilizers. Apparently there is a deadly rash that less than 2% of people get with the drug I'm on and so they have to work you up to the right dosage. Awesome! That would be just peachy, right? Well, honey, I'm in a better mood but I'm dying of a rash!

School starts tomorrow for my little 2nd grader! I can't believe I have a 2nd grader. I am looking forward to school starting. I'm ready to get back in to some kind of a routine. We NEED that. My son, who is 7, is starting to act out a bit, and so maybe the routine of school will help things! Let's pray it does, so that I don't hurt him! haha!

Well, hope everyone's school week starts off swell!

No comments:

Post a Comment