OK! So, the long awaited ANNUAL GIRLS WEEKEND has arrived.
The 8 ya-ya's take off tonight at 5:30 sharp! We leave on a private jet, take off to a secluded spot that only the 8 of us know about, dine at a world famous 5 star restaurant, listen to a famous singer, and then head to a world class resort where we stay for 2 nights, being waited on with whatever need we may have, while lounging at our own private pool, drinking fancy little drinks with those cute little umbrellas!
YEAH RIGHT....and then I wake up!
We leave at 5:30, we take 2 mini-vans(because that's how we roll), take of to the lake an hour away, dine at a dive karaoke bar (listening to no one but our own group of talent; which let me tell you is a riot), then we head to a lake house, where no one waits on us, but ourselves, while lounging at our private dock on the dirty lake, while drinking whatever was on sale at Walmart that day. And NO, there are no fancy umbrellas!
But, despite it all, its one of my favorite weekends of the year, hands down! It's rare that all of get to go out in public together. Namely because we get dirty looks from others when we get together. I'm not sure if it's because of the EXTREMELY high volume we create, our talking of plotting other people's death, or that they are just super jealous! I'm gonna go with the first two!
It's when some of our greatest memories are made. There are always tears shed as we reflect on each of the trials that we endured from the year, smiles over the plans we have for the future, laughter because no one else laughs over us so we have to do it ourselves, and most importantly....FOOD. Almost all of us are infamous for a dish that we make. So on ya-ya weekend we bring those fantastic recipes together.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. They are the best group of friends a person could ask for. They are as close to me as my children are. And that's pretty dang close. I feel extremely blessed to have such good friends who stand by me when others wouldn't give me a second glance. It's not everyday that you know that kind of love.
Love you ladies..
Whit
Sounds like SO much fun! I'm jeal!
ReplyDelete