Head v. Heart is always a tough one for me. I am a feeler. I act on emotion. Sometimes that's great and sometimes it's not. This week I have been torn up over the head v. heart matter. My heart feels one way, my head knows it's wrong. What's the right answer?
It's different for everyone and every situation. I live my life so that when I'm 97 and sitting in my rocker on the front porch, I can look back and know that I did everything I wanted to do, and I said everything I wanted to say. I don't want any regrets. Life is too short for that. When you love someone, you gotta tell them. Your not promised tomorrow and neither are they.
So, this week I listened to my heart. I poured everything out that I needed to say. What was so difficult about it was that my head knew that NOTHING would come of it and I might even lose a friendship. But, my heart knew that my friendship was stronger than that and that I would never be ok living a life having not said what I feel. It's just not in me. So, I took the plunge and you know what? It might be one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. My heart was right and our friendship can withstand more than mosts....but my head was also right in that it doesn't really change anything. BUT! I can sleep at night....well hopefully. This blog was for no one but myself. Each situation has to be handled differently. But, I am a firm believer in getting it all out there. When you hold it in, you get stomach ulcers....LITERALLY!
It's like the Garth Brooks song...If tomorrow never comes, will you know how much I loved you? Did I try in every way to show you every day that you're my only one? And if my time on earth were through, could you still face this world without me? Will the love I gave you in the past be enough to last, if tomorrow never comes?
Don't let tomorrow pass you by. You might only have today.
No comments:
Post a Comment