I'm feeling great today. The weather is nice, the sun is shining and my heart is happy. I had a great chat with a young man at vacation bible school yesterday. It's amazing to me how inspiring some of our youth can be. I only wish I had been half as mature at that age! It's so amazing to me to see how God works so differently in every one's life.
This kid has dreams, and goals, and potential to accomplish them all. At 18, I was worrying about where my next meal would come from and who I was going out with that weekend. Sometimes I think that this generation is a modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. There is so much sin in the world today that I forget good does still exist. I refuse to watch the news at night because you can't watch it for 3 seconds without hearing about someone being killed.
It got me thinking...What do I bring to this world?
I gave my testimony a few months back and I was truly SHOCKED at the lives it touched. I received so many emails, cards, letters. It really hit one person in particular. A troubled teenage mother to be with a pretty crappy home life. I could relate! This girls story really made my heart break. It was SO similar to my own, except that I pushed my family away. Her mom doesn't care about her. Her mom is down right hateful if you really wanna know. In the past 7 months since I gave my testimony, I have taken her under my wing. I told God right before I told my story that if he could just allow me to reach one person, then all the heartache and trouble I went through would be worth it. This is my person. I have a real chance to change someones life. Do you know what kind of power that is? It's scary. But I know that God put me in her direct path for a reason. I know that without the help of sooooo many people back then, that I wouldn't be here typing this blog now. In fact, I know that I would be 6 feet under. This is my chance to pay it forward for all that was paid to me.
I was always told 'You are either an example or an example of what not to be.'
I have now covered both! Which are you?
No comments:
Post a Comment