My babies turned 1 yesterday. This DOES NOT make me happy. I spent my day in tears thinking about it. I can no longer tell people their age in months. I now have to say a year. It's heartbreaking knowing these two are my last and that the infant stage is now gone forever. I never thought it would bother me as much as it has. It's one more thing I'm gonna blame on the menopause.
So...today is the big party. I think I invited close to 70 people. They won't all come of course, but it will be a good crowd. I have had their party planned for months. Pink and Green is our theme. I wanted kind of classy and simple. I did their invites myself at work and spent a good week on them. They turned out amazing, I might add. I had their one year pics taken and printed on metal, as I do all their pics, and they will be on display on the head table. The only "decor" I really had was custom balloons. I had a giant H printed in green, a B printed in pink, and a #1 printed in white. I also did a few other latex arrangements for the party. I have a giant 2 tier cake made by the best. All in pink and green. Everyone kind of made fun of me when I did my ordering so far in advance. I told them I was neurotic and that I was having surgery in a week and wasn't sure what recovery would be like. They all, kindly took my orders, while snickering at the fact that I'm so anal.
So, this morning I wake up to a phone call from the balloon shop. "Mrs. Cromley, um, we just wanted to tell you that your balloons didn't come in." WHAT?!!! How is that possible. I ordered them 6 weeks ago! "Yeah, we are sorry. They just didn't make it in time." WHAT?!!! How is that possible? I ordered them 6 WEEKS AGO! So, I got myself up out of bed and down to the shop. They had nothing. I have no H, no B and I settled on this tacky #1. Did they offer to discount? Oooooohhhh NNNNOOOOO! Not one penny off my order. Are you kidding me? So, as I turned to leave, she says "come back again." Umm.....yeah.....sure thing!
As I get in my car and pull out into traffic to head to walmart, I'm fuming. This is why I'm a crazy hot mess. And again, the ya ya theme rings in my ears...."I don't need crazy pills, I just need people to stop being stupid!" I stop at the light while thinking this exact thing. All of a suddden....WHACK! I am rear ened! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Really? I mean Really? I get out, in the middle of traffic and take a look at the car... It's fine. I'm pretty sure that my whole body will be killing me later, but the car is fine. As I go to get driver information, I realize......I'm ALONE! There is no other car, there is no other driver.
I get back in my car, and make my why to Walmart...which is the last place I wanna be after that. I made my way home thirty minutes later and spill out my morning to Kurt. He just reaches out his arms and hugs me. I just let the tears fall.
It's been the longest day ever.....OH CRAP! It's only 9:30 AM!
Oh my! What a morning! I hope the rest of the day was better. Wish we could have made it to the party :( What are pictures printed on metal?? Never heard of this!
ReplyDeleteOH Kim, you MUST see the metals. I have a giant display in my house. It's literally a piece of aluminum with their pictures printed on them. I have 12 total. 16x16 is the size and they are all connected by chains. Its amazing!
ReplyDelete