What a joy it was to be back to church today! It had been 3 weeks, but man, it felt like an eternity. I said something today that made me stop and think. I said I was so excited to get back to church because "I miss my Jesus."
I know in the last few weeks our household has been hectic, to say the least. All schedules were tossed out the window, all routine was dismissed, every sense of normalcy was gone. And I guess in the midst of that, I lost my Jesus too.
Sometimes in life we lose our Jesus. We lose our way. We lose our purpose. It's so easy to call on him when we need him the most, and lose him when we think we don't. Often times I find that when I think I don't need him, that's when my world comes undone. Maybe that's him saying "Whitney! HELLO! YOU NEED ME!" I know that in our house it's eat, live, pray. We go through the day feeding our kids, living our lives, and praying at mealtime and bed time. It's so easy for me to forget that I need a daily time with the one who has never forsaken me. Especially, when I feel alone.
It kind of dawned on me today when I said I missed my Jesus that maybe Jesus missed me too. The problem with that statement is...HE never went anywhere. I'm so guilty of saying to him, "why did you leave me?" I know in my heart that he is always there. He always has been. I let my world get so chaotic and so busy that I forget to go to the one who has blessed me beyond words. It is him that I owe everything to. And the best thing about our Lord and Savior is that no matter how many times we push him away, forget him, or lose him, he is ALWAYS there when we find our way back to him.
Do you miss your Jesus? Maybe it's time you find him!
Very well said! I felt so much better when I go back to churh after missing a few weeks! Makes my week start better when I am right with Jesus!
ReplyDelete