Monday, July 12, 2010

Really? It's gonna be that kind of day?

As most of you know by now, I just had major surgery a couple weeks ago. While I feel great, I know that my feelings can be decieving. I am still on strict orders not to pick up my kids for 4 more weeks. That being said...my husband works nights. We have been very lucky in that our parents have watched the kids overnight on the off chance that one would wake up and need to be picked up. Last night, however, that ended.

Now, our twins have slept through the night since they were about 7 weeks old, so it's a rare occasion when they do. But if you know me even slightly, you know that I have the WORST luck in all the world. (this is also how I got the drama queen title). So, I went to bed last night at 2am. That's pretty good considering I have been staying up since 5am. Well what do you know, but at 5:30 this morning the babies awake. Not one, BUT TWO! I go into the nursery and low and behold one's covered in last nights lasagna, and the other is screaming for food. Harper thinks that if she is awake, she needs to be eating. I can't let a child sit there covered in puke, so I pick her up. I get her cleaned, all the while listening to the other scream for a bottle. I finally get two bottles made and both babies in their high chairs disregarding all rules and regulations. They both eat, and they both stay awake.

On most days Kurt is home by 7:30, but since this is me we are talking about, he was running late. Really late. I am supposed to be at Drennen's tennis match by 9, but at fifteen after there is still no sign of Kurt. I have been up almost 4 hours and the whole time I have listened to my 11 month old daughters SCREAMING! Harper wants to use her bottle as a binkie and I have to use all of my strenth to get the nipple out of her mouth, and Bayler wants to be held. While I hold Bayler she decides she wants to play with my phone. It's fine until she starts calling the electric company. When I take it away, she becomes hysterical and proceeds to kick me in the stomach multiple times. This is where I send up a prayer...Oh Lord, please don't let me cause bodily harm unto my infant child today. Thank you and Amen. About fifteen minutes later, with both children still crying, daddy walks into the door. Immediately all is well....which makes me want to scream myself. I run out the door with nothing on but a t shirt. I get all the way to the tennis courts before I realize what has happened. Thank the Lord that there was a spare set of shorts in the car. They were Kurt's but nonetheless I wore them. I watched Drennen's tennis match for a whole 5 minutes before they called time. AAAAHHH!

And that was all before 10 am!

2 comments:

  1. Bahahaha... Oh Honey, I'm sorry. I know it's rough to have a day like that, but when you said you ran out of the house in nothing but a t-shirt I had to laugh! Just goes to show that you were too busy to even take care of yourself.
    You're a good mommy. Easier days are ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Whit this really made me laugh. I know it wasn't funny when it was happening, but you've put it into words so wonderfully that maybe some day you'll look back and laugh too. :O)

    ReplyDelete