Monday, July 5, 2010

25 and menopausal!

Yes it's true. I'm 25 and going through menopause. Not something you really see everyday. After going through 10 years of endometriosis, I finally made the decision to have the junk taken out. Junk is all it was. I don't regret my decision....well not yet. I started the hormones instantly but like everything big in my life, it didn't go down easy. The migraines started, I was sick, I was fainting and I was DONE! So, doc pulled me off the pills and now I'm really getting the full effects of being menopausal.

Between the hotflashes and night sweats and moodiness, I can't decide if this is harder on me or my husband. Not to mention our three children. It's only been 11 days since the surgery and I did way too much too fast. So on day 11, I'm in bed again wishing I would have listened. But hey, stubborn is my middle name.

It's almost...wait no...impossible to not pick up your sweet little babies. They don't understand that mommy can't pick them up. The sadness in their eyes when they reach out for you is just too much for this mommy to handle. Anyway, back to the blog.. I started this blog as a way to vent my own thoughts and feelings. I wrote a lengthy little story a few years back about my life and found that it was so nice to get all of that out and on paper. Even if no one reads it, I feel better. A few things you should probably know about me before you follow the posts...

I say what I think...ALWAYS. Life is too short to hold everything back and no one is guaranteed tomorrow. I don't wanna look back and wish I would have done something I didn't.

I'm not a private person. My life is literally an open book. So, if your looking for sugar coated and discretion, you might wanna follow someone else.

I'm a little crazy... haha. I'm a mother of twins, and I take on more in a week than some do in a year. SO, at times, I get a little frazzled and the crazy person comes out, which leads me to my last one.

I have bipolar depression...diagnosed a while back. So when you see the ups, and then the downs, just know that it's an issue and I'm working on it. My pregnancy with the girls was the lowest I have ever gotten and since I have had them, I have been a new person. I felt myself going into a bit of a funk after the hysterectomy, which is another fun side effect. So here I go, in a theraputic journey of writing.

Enjoy the ride.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Whitney! I love to blog for the same reason you posted above, it makes me feel better getting it all out, and sharing pics of the kids with family and friends (although I am a private person!) I do enjoy the blogging world. Have fun with it and glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I'm glad you have decided to join us in the blogging world. Can't wait to see what crazy things you have to say. lol Feel better my friend!

    ReplyDelete