Sunday, July 11, 2010

And a friends a friend forever...


I just want to take a moment to give a shout out to my friends. I have heard it preached SO many times that you are truly lucky to get only a few good friends in life. I feel beyond blessed that our group of friends is larger than that. Let me just give you a little insight.

Kelly- our leader! haha, it's not that she's the boss, cuz all of us are that, it's that she brought us all together.
April- Our connection. She knows everyone and always has the inside scoop.
Mindy- Our comedian. I'm serious, she needs to do stand up.
Tonya- Our Warrior. She is a rock. She cleans like it's her job and she is the LOUDEST of the group.
Rochelle- Our spiritual guide. She is always there with a verse to apply to whatever situation you are in.
Megan- Mama Bear. If she doesn't like it, she will let you know.
Stacy- The newbie. She has been welcomed into our group with open arms and already has been there for me more than a new comer should.
ME- THE DRAMA QUEEN. As much as I hate it, I'm the young one and there is still quite a bit of drama in my life.

Our group is 8 women large. And we are tighter than a bolt on a roller coaster. You upset one of us, you upset us all. As a group we have gone through a lot of heartache. We joke often about getting new friends. Problem is...no one would take us. So we stick together. We are like the movie Steel Magnolias. Literally. We call our selves a lot of things. Yayas, Sisters, Friends, and others that we won't mention due to liability reasons! I'm more thankful for them than words can say. They are my family. They keep me going. We speak...EVERYDAY! When one is hurting, we all hurt together. When we laugh, we laugh together. And when one is missing...well...they get talked about that day!

They have personally seen me through a lot of trials and are still standing beside me today. There are a lot of people that would turn up their noses and write me off, but not the group.

Do you have that kind of friends? I'm telling you, there is a lot of drama in a group that big, but the love they show is worth it. I just wanted to say to you ladies how grateful I am that you are part of my life... AND DON'T FORGET TO CREMATE ME when I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment