Ok. So....Anyone who knows me knows that I don't deal with change well. It's almost always unwelcome and unappreciated. However, you know that there's always exceptions to the rule.
Last night I ventured into uncharted waters and went to "Girlfriends" at church. You all know that me and my ya-ya's are super tight and we very rarely venture out in to other groups. But the ya-ya's have hit rough waters lately and I felt like it was time I expand my horizons.
Don't get me wrong, there will never be a group of friends like us 8. We have been through way too much just to walk away and let hurtful words and silly arguments break us apart. If we are able to let those things get to us, then we truly aren't the group that we thought we were. I mean, if your best friend can't tell you what they think and the truth, then who can? And ladies... if any of you are reading...you know that we are bonded together by something stronger than anyone can even imagine. You know that when one of us hurt, the other hurts. You know that when one of us laugh, the other laughs. It's just the way we are. We might as well have the same blood flowing through our veins. We are one. Don't forget that.
So, in the midst of the crazy couple of weeks I had, I also made a couple new friends. I'm not gonna lie, it was actually hard for me. I am stubborn! (I know, this is shocking.) I like my group, I like the comfort and stability that we have, but I needed a change. I honestly can't handle any more drama right now. And at the same time, I need friends. So, this last weekend we hung out with 2 couples that we normaly don't hang out with. We had a BLAST! And you know who benefited the most? Kurt. He hit it off and has talked about the 2 guys ever since. That's awesome to see.
Now that my ADD has kicked in and I'm off track, let me get back to girlfiends! I had a FANTASTIC time. I really enjoyed myself and loved laughing with a fresh set of faces. I am excited to report that the men are golfing in the morning and I will be going to a "play date" with the ladies.
I know that most of you are thinking that this doesn't sound like me at all. And truly I never thought I would hear myself say the word "play date" and "me" in the same sentence.
You know how God is intervening? Well, his intervention is amazing and I am stoked about all the things he has in store for me. Until next time....
Glad we can be of service to you :-)
ReplyDeleteHey whit so what does a play date entail? haha. shopping? thats my guess maybe, or a kids play date?
ReplyDeletehaha, Jenny it's a kids play date. I haven't been shopping in years!
ReplyDelete