I wake up this morning at about 3:30 to not one, but TWO crying babies. I'm too tired to mess with the whole rocking them each back to sleep, and so I break my #1 parenting rule, and allow them to sleep with me.
It wasn't much better after that. Bayler insisted on using Harper as a pillow. Harper insisted that she not. Bayler was running a fever from the head cold that each of us have going on right now, and so she was restless, to say the least. The alarm went off a few hours later and I managed to drag myself out of bed. I woke Drennen up for school, and jumped in the shower.
I need to stop right here and say that my morning shower is probably my favorite time of day. You know, when you get to have 15 minutes to YOURSELF! Priceless.
Anyhoo, I get out and my wonderful son has already woke up the babies and put them in their high chairs for breakfast. I'm fine with that except that he was feeding them apple jacks and honey grahams. Not exactly the breakfast they usually have. I get them their drinks out of the fridge. Harpers is still in there, because she has milk, and Bayler's sippy is empty on the counter. I fill it up with juice, because she refuses to drink milk, and hand it to her. I also give both of them a half of banana to cancel out the applejacks.
I walk into the bathroom to blow dry my hair for 2 minutes tops! I come out and am taken aback at the sight of my child. You all know which one it must be...Bayler, of course.
Apparently I forgot to put the spill proof spout in to the sippy cup BEFORE I gave it to her. So, she figured why not dump the entire contents on to her head! As if that wasn't good enough for her, there are junks of bananas squashed into her hair right along with the juice!!!
I look down at the soppy, wet, sticky mess. I want to yell, but I can't because she is giving me the sweetest little face and using the sign language symbol for "more".
How can you yell after that?
Needless to say, she had a morning bath. We usually do that at night. She cried the whole time as I reminded her that we don't pour juice and mash bananas in to our hair. Think she got it?
When Kurt got home, the crying ceased and I was able to leave for work. Of course, my wouldn't be complete without a little more stress, and I was pulled over 2 blocks from the house. Luckily just a courtesy warning.
Only me......
No comments:
Post a Comment