So...
I didn't freak out when Drennen came home Sunday night with NO homework done while he had been at his fathers and he had to stay up until 9:30 on a school night to finish it. The old Whitney would have driven over to his fathers house and knocked on the door and said "Seriously? You wanna take a child away from me because I'm unstable, mental, suicidal, and incapable of raising Drennen when you can't even do 6 pages of homework every 2 weeks? Why don't you just go ahead and add homicidal to that list."
I didn't freak out when my phone died sometime in the night, therefore causing me to oversleep, making myself and Drennen VERY late today. The old Whitney would have thrown the blackberry across the room cursing as she went into a frantic fit.
I didn't freak out (much) when a stupid driver treated a stop light as a stop sign and nearly t-boned me this morning. The old Whitney would have honked her horn, flipped the birdie, and screamed that old people need to have their licenses' removed because they are all idiots! Along with some foul language.
I didn't freak out when I got to work and all the construction prevented me from parking anywhere within a 5 mile radius of work. The old Whitney would have walked right up to one of the construction guys that were standing around doing absolutely nothing and asked him what in the hell did he think he was doing standing there and when is this gonna be done, because it's absolutely ridiculous that it's so behind and what they "have completed" looks like total crap.
I didn't freak out when I got a hateful voicemail from the doctors office demanding a payment that I had made 3 days prior. The old Whitney would have called her back, told her that maybe she needed to get her facts straight before she calls and leaves a hateful voicemail like that on MY voicemail. I might even add a, who do you think you are in there.
AND, I didn't freak out when I called my lunch in a half hour ahead of picking it up and it wasn't even started when I got there. The old Whitney would have said "Are you freaking kidding me right now? What is the point of calling something in if you aren't gonna start it til I get there?"
But, I managed to not freak out in ANY of the above situations. Not sure if it's my pills finally taking effect; keeping me calm, cool, and collected, or if it's the constant visual reminder of little Kenzie on my desk at work and at home on my mantel helping me to remember the important things in life. Either way, even I am surprised at my own calm reactions.
However, I would probably stay out of my line of fire. I have a feeling that very soon something will happen and all the rage that I kept in from the above situations is gonna come out 10 fold on "some poor, innocent soul."
I just wanted you all to know that there is a possibility that I am becoming a little less crazy each day. Don't hold your breath or cross your fingers, as we have no proof that this is the case. Instead just simply smile and remember that 'No matter how crazy you feel at times, Whitney will always be crazier.'
No comments:
Post a Comment